Back Pain in Australia – The Facts
Back Pain In Australia Infographic Summary
Back pain problems include a range of conditions related to the bones, joints, connective tissue, muscles and nerves of the back.
- The conditions can affect the neck, upper back, lower back as well as the sacrum and tailbone.
- Back problems are a significant cause of disability and lost productivity in Australia
- 38% of people with back problems said pain ‘moderately’ interfered with daily activities
- 16% of Australians experienced back problems in 2017-18
- In Australia, back pain is the second leading cause of ‘disease burden‘ (disease burden is the impact of a health problem as measured by financial cost, mortality, morbidity, or other indicators)
- 70-90% of Australians will suffer from lower back pain at some point
- In one study, 14% of people experience constant or persistent pain while 86% experience pain one day/week
- Solutions to back pain: Stretch, manual therapies (chiropractic, physiotherapy, remedial massage), improve posture, use ice or heat therapy, and try to stay active.
- Find out more about My Back Relief Clinic
- What is Gonstead Chiropractic?
- Dr. Paula Basilio (Chiropractor)
- Australian Government Australian Institute of Health and Welfare https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/chronic-musculoskeletal-conditions/back-problems/contents/what-are-back-problems
- My Back Relief Clinic www.mybackreliefclinic.com.au
- Back Pain In Australia Infographic - November 14, 2019
- Facts About Back Pain Infographic - September 4, 2019
- Can Chiropractors Help With Hip Pain - August 16, 2019
- HCF Chiropractor - July 2, 2019
- Diaphragmatic Breathing Video Tutorial - October 3, 2018
- Stretch for Headaches - September 10, 2018
- Stretching - July 30, 2018
- Affordable Pain Relief and Prevention - March 13, 2018
- The worst thing you can do if you have back pain - February 9, 2018
- Looking at your phone can be a ‘Pain in the Neck’ - November 22, 2017